Sunday, November 11, 2012

Thing 17

This thing was not as compelling for me. I get how relevant bookmarking is, and I have over one hundred sites bookmarked on my Firefox browser, but I do not see this as useful to me. I am currently using Diigo, and I think it is even more complicated to use than the bookmark on my browser. I do understand how the social networking thing can allow others to check out one another bookmarks to compare them. I also did enjoy the mustache joke in the tutorial, but I just do not take my bookmarking that serious as of yet. However, this can change somewhere along the future, but for now, I will just continue using Diigo and the bookmarking provided by my browser. That also do not mean I cannot see the potential of this tool in the classroom. I have been reading some of the things that the other student been posting, and Taylor Engel had an idea in which she thought teachers could use this site. She said, "[t]eachers could take advantage of social bookmarking sites by putting there ideas out there for other people to use in their classroom." She also said, "[i]t is also a good way for teachers to keep their classrooms current." I totally agree with her; sometimes teachers might have trouble with keeping things current. So If, I was to use Delicious it would be for that reason only, but not for actually bookmarking websites.

No comments:

Post a Comment