Saturday, November 10, 2012

Thing 13

I enjoy using word processors especially when they are free. Some of the word processor available out there like Microsoft are expensive, so they are not practical for students to have access to outside of school. These programs and other like them are convenient for students. I particularly like the Zoho Writer because it has many features, which can be used for group projects. It has a chat feature for its user, an option to create groups, join its blog, and read discussions on its forum are all some that I think could be used between student outside of school when assigned group projects. Students chat and discuss their project with one another and even start groups on Zoho Writer. For writing projects that  students work in groups, I would have them use Zoho Writer.

While do prefer Zoho Writer over Google Docs, Google Docs is unique in its own. It amazes me how Google has revolutionized the internet with its features; image browser, search engine, gmail, news feed, and probably apparently more, which I have yet to discover. Now there is Google Docs I enjoyed making my little picture below with its drawing tool.  One thing I like most about both of these programs though is their ability to store and download documents. Ever since I have learned about Skydrive during my 23 Things I have been using it. Having a secure website to store information it is a tremendous deal sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment