Saturday, October 6, 2012

Thing #7

Flickr is a interesting site, but not entirely new to me. I do not have a flickr account but I have explored the site before. As an artist I always am looking for inspiration, and sometime Flickr inspires me to create. Even though, I can literally spend hours looking up different images and groups. I try not to visit it because its has many nice images and you cant save them to the desktop. However, when I do I always enjoy looking the myriad of galleries. For this post I went to emmeffe's account and looked at his galleries. apparently he is a photography and travels a lot. He has been to Australia and South America, He has many gallerias. He takes pictures of architecture and wildlife. I personally was more attracted to his wildlife galleries. Besides this, he admires art and enjoys literature. Many of his pictures are in fact works of art, Many people from around the world comment on his animal galleries because he capture exotic ones that one rarely see.

Here is a picture link of the pictures from Australia in his wildlife galleries.


I love how crisp the images looks. While I probably will never see a kangaroo ever in my life, the clearness and precise of this image looks real and in person enough for me. Truly an odd beautify looking creature the kangaroo is. One of my favorite animals as a kid. 
___________________________________________________________________________
For a school setting Flickr has so much potential as a resource. Student and faculty in a school can search thousand of different subject like animal, plants, art, history, and many much more. A great jumping off place for student who are looking for images for projects. For a specific inspiring art teacher, Flickr can be used a resource for student to practice drawing material. As i said earlier i use to get inspiration, so perhaps students could do the same.

Chillin Kangaroo Style





No comments:

Post a Comment